Pages

Monday, January 6, 2014

Surviving an apocalypse to what end?

     If you spend anytime online, or watching TV, you can't really miss the increase in survival stuff.  Food kits, shelters, bunkers, survivalists media and so on.
      I stopped on one of these shows the other night and it made me wonder.  Why are they all so interested in survival?  What are they surviving for?

     My view is admittedly skewed by my relationship with Jesus.  I'm not worried about the end of the world.  I'm not worried about dying.  My future is secured in Jesus Christ.

     I don't necessarily want to live a life of pure survival and constantly trying to fight off the next person who wants what I have for their own survival.  It doesn't sound like much of a life.  I'm curious as to why basic survival is preferred over eternity with God?  Why do so many of us hold on so tightly to this world?

     Is it fear of the unknown?  No relationship with Christ?  Unbelief maybe?

Whatever the reason is, I find it very perplexing.  It doesn't make sense to me.

How about you?  Are you wanting to survive at all cost?  Do you know Jesus and if so does that change your view?
Enhanced by Zemanta

No comments:

Post a Comment