Pages

Thursday, January 9, 2014

We all trust the invisible

     I was spending some dedicated time with God this morning and a thought occurred to me after reading some in the book of Psalms.  It was talking about trust in an invisible God.

     Many people will choose to not believe in God or Jesus because they can't see them.  Of course, this is a very narrow minded choice.

We all trust invisible things everyday.  Here are some examples:  I believe the internet exists, but I can't see it.  My cell phone works, but i've never looked up and seen a signal in the air.

Why do we believe that ancient Egyptians ever existed?  A few mummies and artifacts do not an empire make.  They also had writings of their history, so does God.

Have you seen love?  I haven't.  I've seen the actions resulting from love, but not love itself.  It's just a word until I choose to believe it.

I hear people on the radio, but I can't see them.  See people on tv, but never in person.  Are they all computer generated.

I hear names of people that did this or said that.  How do I choose to believe they exist or not.

      There are millions of stories from people from ages past and today that attest to the existence of God, Jesus and the Holy Spirit.  But, many hard hearted people demand that it's all not true.  They scream not true, because He has requirements.  Some claim He's not real because many claiming to be Christians fall short of His glory.  Well, i've screwed up more times than I can count.  Does that mean that my parents are a figment of my imagination?

      God is waiting for you to look for Him.  You don't have to look far, I promise.  He waits with patience that we cannot understand day after day until the end.  All you have to do is lower your shields and ask Him to come.

Enhanced by Zemanta

No comments:

Post a Comment